Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tarte kiss and belle lipsurgence holiday set review and swatches:



Names of each shade from left to right: Eternal (matte) , Dreamy, Kiss (lip gloss), Fancy (matte), Alluring, Belle (lip gloss) , Dainty, and Innocent. 

I bought this lipsurgence set back a few months ago for $34 at sephora. This set includes 4 deluxe lipsurgence lip tints, 2 lipsurgence matte tints, and 2 lipsurgence lip glosses. Since then I have had ample time to try out these products to come on here and tell you guys exactly what I think about the products themselves.



This is a size comparison of the products and also an up close view so you can better see the packaging.




Swatches from left to right: Eternal, Dreamy, Kiss, Fancy, Alluring, Belle, Dainty, and Innocent.

As you can see they are highly pigmented with only 2-3 swipes of each to get excellent color pigmentation. I will also be showing you pictures of what all these shades look like swatched on my lips. :)


This is the first shade in Eternal. It is a matte peachy nude shade. 


This is the second shade in Dreamy. This is one of their creme lipsurgence shades. This shade comes off as a very pretty berry color.


This is the first lip gloss of the bunch, Kiss. This is a very nice light pink with golden shimmer. There is a lot of shimmer in this one but I like that you cannot feel it on.


This next shade is called fancy, this is the second matte in the group. This color is a very beautiful berry matte shade.


This next one is named alluring, and very accurately put if I might add. I love this color, it is a beautiful mauve shade on the lips.


Pictured is the second lip gloss in the bunch, Belle. This is a great creme raspberry shade, very surprisingly pigmented for a lip gloss.


The next one up is called Dainty. A very pretty, typical pink. 


The last one up in the line is Innocent. I think that this one also has a very fitting name seeing as it is a very neutral everyday shade that can go with any eye look. This is a very warm toned nude shade.


My overall opinion: Upon purchasing these I thought that it was a great deal for the price and I was not wrong. I loved using these so much on a day to day basis that it is actually ALL that I have used for the past couple months. I love that the original creme lipsurgence shades are very hydrating on the lips and fade very nicely. The matte ones are also not too overly drying, although adding a lip balm before application wouldn't hurt either. I think that they have great staying power, the mattes especially. I would say they last about 3-4 hours before an application is really needed. The lip glosses were also a surprising treat. They are not your typical sticky heavy gloss. They feel very lightweight and non-sticky on the lips and I LOVE that. Overall this is a product that I would definitely recommend and I plan on buying full size products in the future. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment