Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Wet n Wild fauna collection and mini haul

Items pictured from left-right: Milani haute flash in quick flash. Revlon diamond lust shadows in plum galaxy, neptune star, and night sky. Maybelline color sensational pearl lipstick in bronze beam, and the wet n wild fauna collection.


Wet n Wild Fauna collection


Swatches from left-right: Wet n wild blusher in pearlescent pink, trio in fauna and glossy gloss in glass confusion.


Swatches in sunlight.


Wet n wild fast dry nail polish in teal or no teal. 3 coats.


Look I created using this palette.


Eyes:I primed my eyes with Elf's eyeshadow primer in pearl. Used the purple color all over my lid and blended out the blue into the crease and outer corner. I highlighted with the brow bone color given in the trio. Then I lined my top lid and lower lash line with Avon's glimmer sticks in twilight and sugar plum. I used Milani's eyeliner in black to line the rim of my eyes and tight line, followed by Revlon's photo ready mascara in black. Lips: I used Maybelline's color sensational pearls lipstick in luminous lilac and topped it off with Wet n Wild's glossy gloss in glass confusion. Face: I primed my face with Loreal magic perfecting base followed by stippling on Revlon color stay foundation in combo/oily skin in #110 ivory. Dusted on Maybelline mineral power finishing veil powder. For blush I used pearlescent pink from Wet n Wild. I used Elf's HD powder and Maybelline's matte pressed powder. To lock in my makeup I finished up with Elf's makeup mist and set.


The rest of my little haul :)


Swatches from left-right: Maybelline color sensational pearl lipstick in bronze beam. Milani haute flash lip gloss in quick flash. Revlon diamond lust eyeshadow in plum galaxy, Neptune star and night sky.


Swatches in sunlight. 

  
My thoughts overall:
I really enjoy the Wet n Wild fauna collection. You get 4 items for only $5 dollars and the quality for that price is amazing. The trio and blush have great pigmentation, I didn't have any problems with fallout and the gloss went on smoothly but was fairly sticky. If you're not a fan of sticky glosses it might not be for you but for all of the other products you receive I would say that its worth it. The nail polish took 3 coats to get that pigmentation, however it did dry very fast. I have not yet tried the Maybelline lipstick or Revlon shadows. However, Milani's haute flash lip gloss is a fairly new line that came out a few weeks ago. The wear time for this gloss is about 2-3 hours before you might want to re-apply. I was very pleased with the quality of this product and will be purchasing more colors. Thank you for reading and I hope that this review and swatches helped you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment